Monday, August 1, 2011

Earth Laughs in Flowers

Ralph Waldo Emerson had the correct idea with this quote; every year I marvel at the beauty that my garden can produce- even as I make a mad scrabble to stay ahead of the weeding!

I found a new picnic table for in the backyard which I was thrilled with beyond belief!  I have a passion for outdoor goodies, and seeing as I lacked anything in this corner of my yard, I felt my find was terrific.  Those daisies that are busy blooming away in the background have probably quadrupled in size from when I bought them just two years ago.  I had been looking for daisies for years, and then when I found some I bought two gallon containers of them- yep, all those Daisies are from just TWO gallon containers!
This is my vegetable garden, which I created after getting rid of the old swimming pool.  It took me a few weeks of staring at a nearly 30-foot round sand pile to figure what I wanted to do with the space, then another week to figure out how to lay out the raised beds.  I must have come up with a dozen configurations before settling on this!  I love it, and I LOVE that I can get fresh veggies right out of my back door now!
Don't you just love this bench?  I love primitive blue, and have been slowly collecting watering cans for the past few years (although can two cans really be called a collection?!?).  When I spotted this bench I just knew it would be perfect for my little collection, plus because the bench isn't too big, I actually look like I have a collection!

1 comment: